600+ ENERGY STARÂ® Certified Homes!
Providence Homes has built over 600 new homes that have earned the EPAâ€™s ENERGY STARÂ® Certification since 2009 for families right here in Jacksonville!
â€śWeâ€™re proud of our commitment to being the only locally owned 100% ENERGY STARÂ® Certified Home Builder in Jacksonville,â€ť said Sean Junker, President of Providence Homes. â€śWe are committed to offering state-of-the-art performance in our homes with a comprehensive package of features that deliver greater value, quality, and comfort than ever before.â€ť
ENERGY STARÂ® Certified homes that earn the label in 2014 are now being built to the stringent Version 3.1 standards with a comprehensive, building science-based approach that features:
– A detailed package of home envelope air sealing, properly installed insulation, and high-performance windows to deliver comfort, durability, and lower utility bills.
– A high-efficiency heating, cooling, and ventilation system designed and installed for optimal performance.
– A complete water and moisture management package to protect roofs, walls, and foundations.
– ENERGY STAR certified lighting and appliances that help reduce monthly utility bills.
– Onsite third-party verification, with independent inspections and testing by a certified Home Energy Rater.
As a Residential Energy Services Network (RESNETÂ®) Energy Smart Builder, Providence Homes is also committed to having all of our homes energy rated following RESNETâ€™s stringent standards, and actively marketing our homesâ€™ HERS Index ratings. A copy of every Providence Model Home HERS Index score is displayed in all model home sales centers. All HERS Index scores displayed are â€śAs-Builtâ€ť ratings, never â€śAs-Designedâ€ť ratings. â€śAs-Builtâ€ť ratings are a requirement for a home to receive the ENERGY STARÂ® Label.
Providence Homesâ€™ systems-based understanding of how homes function, coupled with superior building practices, enables us to deliver homes of beauty, comfort, durability and unmatched high performance. In recognition of this commitment, Providence Homes has received the ENERGY STARÂ® for Homes Leadership in Housing and Certified Market Leader from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.