has built over 400 new homes that have earned the EPA’s ENERGY STAR
Certification since 2009. This ongoing commitment has helped Providence Homes earn the EPA’s Energy Star for Homes Leadership in Housing Award
in 2010, 2011 and 2012!
“We’re proud of our commitment to being a 100% ENERGY STAR Certified Home Builder”, said Sean Junker, President of Providence Homes. “We are committed to offering state-of-the-art performance in our homes with greater value, quality, and comfort than we’ve ever offered before.”
ENERGY STAR qualified homes that earn the label in 2013 will be built with a comprehensive, building science-based approach that features:
1. A detailed package of home envelope air sealing, properly installed insulation, and high-performance windows to deliver comfort, durability, and lower utility bills.
2. A high-efficiency heating, cooling, and ventilation system designed and installed for optimal performance.
3. A complete water and moisture management package to protect roofs, walls, and foundations.
4. ENERGY STAR certified lighting and appliances that help reduce monthly utility bills.
5. Third-party verification, with independent inspections and testing by a certified Home Energy Rater.
“EPA has raised the bar for what families can expect when they buy a new home that has earned the ENERGY STAR,” said Jonathan Passe, Acting Chief of EPA’s ENERGY STAR Residential Branch. “Builders who meet the new ENERGY STAR requirements are making a strong statement about their leadership and commitment to providing American homebuyers with truly energy-efficient homes that offer lower utility bills and greater benefits for the environment.”